Revenue Cycle and Coding
Updates postponed to 2024
Public Health Emergency
The current end date of the PHE is October 15, 2022. Another 90-day extension is pending. If the extension is not granted, the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2022 (P.L. 117-103) provides a 151-day extension to some flexibilities.
Reference the below link for general Medicare Telehealth guidelines and coding information.
Below is the high level changes regarding the 2023 Proposed CMS Rule changes brought forward in July 2022. Final Rule decisions are to be published later this year. When the final rule is published the changes determined will be effective on January 1st, 2023. The information below is not all-inclusive.
- Determination of PE RVUs
- Potentially Misvalued Services Under the PFS
- Payment for Medicare Telehealth Services Under Section 1834(m) of the Act
- Valuation of Specific Codes
- Evaluation and Management (E/M) Visits
- Practice Cost Indices (GPCI)
- Determination of Malpractice Relative Value Units (RVUs)
- Non-Face-to-Face/Remote Therapeutic Monitoring (RTM) Services
- Payment for Skin Substitutes
- Proposal to Allow Audiologists to Furnish Certain Diagnostic Tests Without a Physician Order
- Proposals and Request for Information on Medicare Parts A and B Payment for Dental Services
- Rebasing and Revising the Medicare Economic Index (MEI)
Federal Register – Federal Register Proposed Rule