Payment Application Associate
Choose extraordinary. Nebraska Medicine gives you an experience unlike any other.
Join us and feel valued, empowered and supported.
We work with our team members to find a position that is close to home, works with your schedule and offers competitive benefits.
Becoming a colleague with Nebraska Medicine means committing to Be Extraordinary in helping us provide a higher level of care.
That includes teamwork, collaboration, accountability and going above expectations to uphold our reputation for delivering a world-class experience for our patients and their families.
- Perform the functions and decision making necessary for timely and accurate data entry and cash and adjustment posting in various systems to support organizational receivables management.
- Responsible for auditing all accounts with credit balances for possible refunds to third party payers, patient or other entity as applicable.
- Correct entries that may have caused a credit balance in error and respond to incoming requests for refunds.
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Minimum of two years post-secondary education with coursework in business, medical assistant program or nursing assistant program OR equivalent combination of education/experience in accounts receivable, accounting, or health care billing (one year of education equals one year of experience) required.
- Multi-tasking and problem solving abilities required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills with aptitude for detail oriented work required.
- Experience in data entry, Microsoft products (specifically Word and Excel), and an understanding of reporting tools required.
- Knowledge of Current Procedural Terminology (CPT), Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS), Ambulatory Payment Classifications (APC), Diagnosis Related Group (DRG), International Classification of Diseases (ICD) and medical terminology required.
- Ability to type a minimum of 45 words per minute with 95% accuracy required.
- Prior medical billing experience preferred.
- Associate’s degree in business administration or college level business course work preferred.
- Coding or billing certification preferred.
- Knowledge of payer specific reimbursement requirements preferred.
- Knowledge of CPT, HCPCS, APC, DRG, ICD and Medical Terminology preferred.
Instructions for Resume Submission: