1. What is your first and last name, current title/role, and credentials?
Dawn Goodsell / Instructor
2. What has surprised you about being the HIM profession?
The changes that are constantly developing
3. What do you like best about being an HIM professional?
Networking and educational growth
4. What have you found to be the most challenging experiences you have had as an HIM professional so far?
Getting overwhelmed with acronyms
5. If you could change one thing about the HIM profession, what would it be?
6. Has anyone influenced your decision to become an HIM professional or to change roles within the HIM profession? If so, who and what did they say or do to influence you?
Ellen Jacobs. Keep up with the changes and trends to make you marketable
7. What is an element of being an HIM professional you wish more people understood?
The importance if higher education
8. What do you think will change about the HIM profession over the next five to ten years? Why?
Medicare career change as well as Medicaid
9. What would you tell someone who is thinking about becoming an HIM professional?
You become a lifer in this field. It is not a job but a career
10. Is there any additional information you would like to share with us?
Be prepared for nonstop changes.