Click here to complete the online credential lottery application.
RHIT/RHIA Lottery Policy
Incentive to promote sitting for RHIA or RHIT examination
- You must be a NHIMA student member
- You must take and pass your certification exam within six months of your graduation.
- You must complete the required application form with proof of passing the exam, completing the exam within the six-month time frame. of graduation, and submit to the Professional Promotions and Recruitment Committee by the required date. See table below for dates.
- Two members will be selected to each receive the cost of the exam to help defray the cost of the exam. This will be awarded to the individuals and then they will be recognized at the Annual conference, in the newsletter, and/or an email blast.
- One award will go to a student membership and one award to a NHIMA member. If there are not any student memberships that apply, two awards will be given to a NHIMA member. If there aren’t any NHIMA members that apply, two awards will be given to the student membership.
Specialized Credential Lottery Policy
Incentive to promote members to site for the following AHIMA Credential exams:
- CCA (Certified Coding Associate)
- CCS (Certified Coding Specialist)
- CCS-P (Certified Coding Specialist – Physician – based)
- CHDA (Certified Health Data Analyst)
- CHPS (Certified in Healthcare Privacy & Security)
- CDIP (Certified Documentation Improvement Practitioner)
- CPHI (Certified Professional in Health Informatics)
- Must be a NHIMA member.
- You must take and pass your certificate exam.
- You must complete the required application within 6 months from the date of sitting for the exam and submit the application to the Professional Promotions & Recruitment Committee prior to March 31, of each year.
- You must attach proof that you passed the exam.
- One member will be reimbursed $200 towards the cost of the exam.
- This will be awarded to the individual at the Annual Conference, as well as recognition in the monthly newsletter, and/or an email blast.
- The winner will be chosen at random if there is more than one applicant that applies.