Coffee with the Board will not be held in June, as the Board is busy preparing for the Annual Business Meeting. The Board is planning to hold the Annual Business Meeting in July via Zoom to summarize and present activities of the association during the past 12 months. Watch for an email with the date and time of the meeting and the call-in information!
Are you a student interested in voicing the student’s perspective to the NHIMA Board? Are you interested in learning about the Board and its role in NHIMA? Are you interested in networking with HIM professionals? Do you want to be a future leader of our organization? If so, consider submitting your resume for Student Representative!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively participate in Board of Directors Meetings.
- Serve as a non-voting member of the Board of Directors.
- Maintain the NHIMA student page on Facebook as a means of engaging and communicating with other HIM students in all Nebraska HIM programs.
- Maintain contact with each CAHIIM institution director in Nebraska to engage in semi-annual meetings with HIM students. ly engage in NHIMA activities to include:
- The second-year student representative is responsible for mentoring and acting as a liaison for both the first term member and the board to ensure continuous engagement. Second-year representative will actively work with Nebraska CAHIIM program directors to identify and recruit the first-year member to the Board.
- Carry out special activities as assigned by the Board or President.
- Actively engage in NHIMA activities including the annual conference, and a committee of your choice,
The position is a two year commitment and is open to any student enrolled in a HIM program in a Nebraska school. Email any questions to the central office coordinator at email@example.com or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.