Health Information Management Director
PHILLIPS COUNTY HOSPITAL
Phillips County Health Systems is a Rural Critical Access Hospital in Northcentral Kansas. We provide Emergency Room Care, Out Patient Specialty Clinics, Preventative Healthcare, Rehabilitation through Physical, Occupational and Cardiac Therapy, Swing Bed Transitional Care, General Family Medicine, Surgical Procedures, Telemedicine Resources, and more.
- Select, train/orientate, and assign department staff, including Patient Services/Registration staff. Develop standards of performance, evaluate performance and initiate/make recommendations for personnel action.
- Develop departmental goals and objectives, establish, and implement policies and procedures for department operation.
- Ensure that hospital policies and procedures for maintenance of medical records are followed
- Develop and recommend the department operating budget and ensure that the medical record department operates within budget.
- Plan and offer in-service educational materials and instructions for health care professionals.
- Oversee daily activities of the department to optimize productivity.
- Notify providers of delinquent charts over 30-day status along with CEO, CFO and clinic manager weekly.
- Review medical records for appropriateness, completeness and legibility.
- Plan and develop medical record systems which meet the standards of various accrediting and regulatory agencies.
- Create and direct procedures to assure proper completion and flow of records and reports.
- Requisition supplies and equipment as needed.
- Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the latest trends in the field.
- Participate in hospital medical staff meetings as required.
- Assist in daily department operations as time allows.
- Complete correspondence of record requests in a timely manner.
- Assist in completing quality studies as needed.
- Keep current with legal issues relating to medical record maintenance and storage.
- Other duties as requested by CEO.
- Review and approval of staff time per Kronos time clock.
- Review and take care of log issues in Quadax claim scrubber.
- Keep quality calendars for medical staff as well as the HIM department.
- Serves as HIPAA Privacy Officer as per HIPAA policy manual
- Serves as RAC coordinator and committee organizer as needed if issues arise.
- Serves as Promoting Interoperability chair to see that measures are current, and percentages met and maintained.
- Monthly run HIDI report. Submit data to state no more than 45 days from the last day of the month.
- Does the monthly stat report for the facility per AS400 process.
- Provides backup for scanning, transcription, reports, etc as needed when another staff is out of the office.
- Contacts hospital liability carrier as needed for HIM or HIPAA issues.
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or RHIA or Individual willing to achieve this designation.
- Must have a high degree of customer service skills in order to communicate effectively with patients, visitors, physicians and care teams
- Must demonstrate problem-solving abilities and high attention to detail
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit, and move freely for extended periods of time
- Must be able to work in a patient care environment with exposure to infection or contagious disease
- Maintain Confidentiality per HIPAA requirements.
- Experience working in a healthcare environment
- Experience with customer service
- Computer savvy with experience navigating between multiple systems simultaneously
- MS Office Experience and excellent typing skills
Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or RHIA or Individual willing to achieve this designation.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Unique Retirement Benefits
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please mail your resume to:
Phillips County Health System
Attn: Jessica Stewart
P.O. Box 607
Phillipsburg KS, 67661
Or Email: email@example.com
Apply Online: https://www.phillipshospital.org/careers