- Commits to the mission, vision, beliefs and consistently demonstrates our core values.
- Studies and analyzes the clinical content of a medical record.
- Assigns and sequences diagnosis and procedure codes appropriately to arrive at the correct DRG assignment.
- Enters coding information into the computer system (Epic) for reimbursement use by Patient Financial Services for submitting patients’ bills.
- Maintains a thorough and updated knowledge of Clinical Coding Guidelines., Fiscal Intermediary directives, Coding Compliance standards and Local Medical Review Policies.
- Utilizes cross-training in three or more clinical specialties to facilitate coding of complex and service-extensive medical records.
- Provides education to facility healthcare professionals and medical staff in the use of coding guidelines and practices, proper documentation techniques, and query monitoring to assist with documentation improvement activities.
- Maintains strict confidentiality regarding patient information.
- Mentors and trains new coding staff members.
- Works as a team member to ensure all coding is accurate and meets turnaround standards.
High school diploma or equivalency required.
Class work in ICD-10-CM/PCS required.
RHIA (Registered Health Information Administrator), RHIT (Registered Health Information Technician) or Certification as a CCS.
Minimum of two (2) years coding experience in a medical environment required.
Apply Online: http://www.bryanhealth.org/careers