Coding Specialist II (Inpatient)
We’re a Nebraska-governed, non-profit health system that cares for patients, educates tomorrow’s health care providers, motivates our community with fitness and health programs, and collaborates to continually improve how we serve others.
The Coding Specialist II thoroughly studies the clinical content of the inpatient, outpatient, and emergency medical records and assigns appropriate ICD-9-CM codes to diagnosis and CPT and HCPCS codes to all procedures or physician services for optimal reimbursement.
- *Commits to the mission, vision, beliefs and consistently demonstrates our core values.
- *Studies and analyzes the clinical content of a medical record.
- *Assigns and sequences diagnosis and procedure codes appropriately to arrive at the correct DRG or APC assignment.
- *Enters coding information into the computer system for reimbursement use by Patient Financial Services for submitting patient’s bills.
- *Maintains a thorough and updated knowledge of Clinical Coding Guidelines, Fiscal Intermediary directives, Coding Compliance standards and Local Medical Review Policies.
- *Instructs other hospital personnel on appropriate medical necessity needed for coding accurately.
- *Maintains strict confidentiality regarding patient information.
- *Works as a team member to ensure all coding is accurate and meets turnaround standards.
High school diploma or equivalency required. Class work in ICD9CM and CPT Coding procedures required. Certified Coding Associate (CCA) required. Certification as a Certified Coding Specialist (CCS or CCS-P) or Certified Professional Coder (CPC) preferred. Minimum of one (1) year coding experience in a medical environment required.
Apply Online: https://www.bryanhealth.com/careers/