Certified Coding Consultant – PACE
The overall purpose of this job is to perform accurate and timely review and validation of Hierarchical Conditional Category (HCC’s) through medical record review. The responsibilities of this job include review of medical records for Immanuel Pathways to ensure accurate and complete documentation is maintained, while adhering to coding standards and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Risk Adjustment Guidelines. This position oversees the medical coding structure and ongoing consultation and advising associated with documentation and coding. Supports and lives out Immanuel’s Mission and CHRIST Promises.
The job description can be found at:
- Three (3) years of coding experience (except RHIT).
- Two (2) years of experience with Risk Adjustment Coding (HCC) preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience in training and educational sessions with health care providers for medical documentation and coding.
- Experience with audit and quality assurance with extensive knowledge and understanding of ICD-10-CM/ICD-10-PCS, CPT-4, HCPCS Level II, coding systems, medical terminology, abbreviations, anatomy, physiology and disease.
- Professional Medical Coder Certificate required: Certified Coding Specialist designation (CCS) issued by the American Health Information Management Association or Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT) Certified.
- Knowledge in reviewing and assigning accurate medical codes for diagnoses, procedures, and services.
- Knowledge of medical coding guidelines and regulations including compliance and reimbursement.
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology and medical terminology necessary to correctly code provider diagnosis and services.
- Skilled in effective and appropriate verbal and written communication.
- Skilled in the comprehension of written materials.
- Skilled in the use of computers and ability to type accurately.
- Ability to chart via Electronic Health Records.
- Proven experience with basic computer skills (internet, email, Microsoft Office).
- Ability to think analytically.
- Ability to listen effectively seeking first to understand, then to be understood.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to identify and recommend problem resolution.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to be open to change.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot issues and make timely decisions using sound logic and good judgment.
Associates degree in related field required.
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Apply Online: https://careers-immanuel.icims.com/jobs/4227/job